Now that it’s fall and the weather is cooling down and making us want to get cozier, we are in all sorts of baking moods! Today on the blog, we are bringing you the cutest individual salted caramel brownies! We made these earlier this week for a ladies night and they were a HIT. I mean, first of all: caramel + brownies. Need we say more?! But, the best part is how easy it is to make these!! And going the extra mile to make them salted caramel and put them in individual ramekins and top with vanilla ice cream, makes these look so fun and fancy people will be dying over your hostess skills! I mean, honestly, if this intro photo didn’t already have your mouth watering…. just take a look at this recipe for yourself…
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp cut into thirds
1/2 cup heavy cream, room temp
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Begin making your salted caramel. Pour sugar into medium saucepan at medium - high heat. Stir occasionally scraping the bottom. The sugar will first get lumpy then it will start to melt and turn brown. Stir more frequently when it is majority melted so it is all the same consistency. Sugar should be fully melted in a couple minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add the butter and sea salt. It will boil, stir constantly until butter is almost completely incorporated, about 5 minutes.
3. Then add the cream and mix together with a whisk.
4. Put pan back on the stove for a little more heat and just enough to make sure everything is melted together. Just about a minute or less!
5. Start making your brownies. Make 1 box of your favorite brownie mix, according to the box. (Ghiradelli’s brownie mix is a fave around here, just sayin’)
6. Pour brownie mix into ramekins, then pour caramel on top. Save some for serving! Use a spoon to gently mix the two. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes (Or according to your brownie mix box if different). If you're baking in a pan (as opposed to the individual ramekins) the time may be different.
I mean… were we right or were we right?! Mouth. Watering. The yummiest combination of caramel + chocolate, fresh out of the oven, in your own mini little baking ramekin. Clearly, we are obsessed. But they are the perfect dessert for fall right now, so rich and cozy, and the perfect dessert for hosting! If you make these delicious treats, don’t forget to tag us so we can see!
Happy baking friends!