Boy we cannot tell you how excited and desperate we have been for Spring to arrive! And since it is finally here, we celebrated the only way we knew how: styling a shoot inspired by the season and how it makes us feel. Soft, yet confident, feminine, yet bold. Our vision for the shoot was a bright bohemian vibe with unexpected hints of an English country feel--a colorful palette all brought together with natural elements and detailed glassware. Check it out for yourself! As always, we're giving away all our secrets with this one!
I know what you're thinking: HOW CAN I MAKE THIS VINE WALL AT HOME. Don't worry, we've gotcha covered. Here's everything you need to do it yourself (and we're letting you in on a big secret here, because it really is as simple as this...)
DIY Vine Wall:
- what you need:
- Italian Ruscus (this is the green plant)
- floral wire
- clear duct tape
- Wire together a couple pieces of the Italian Ruscus to give you varying lengths.
- Position on the wall in whatever design your heart desires and secure with a couple small pieces of duct tape.
- That's it! It's so easy and you could leave it up for a couple of days!
- Bonus! Tape on some flowers as well to add pops of color. We would recommend using a sturdy flower such as a carnation if you want it to last a while.
- We used an array of bright colors to create a beautiful centerpiece for this table. Lots of:
- some kumquats
- All brought together in a gold Anthropologie pot. Find two great options here or here.
- We added a couple cacti and succulents to give the table a pop of texture too.
- We used a white dinner plate with a bit of texture along the edges as a charger and placed beautiful mix-matched Anthropologie plates on top to add color and texture!
- We then added knotted white linen napkins and a succulent on top.
- To emulate the same type of place settings, you'll want to get:
- We used white tiles from Home Depot and wrote on them with a copper pen.
- Stand them on mini black easels for the cutest place cards making it easy for your guests to find their name!
Extra fun touches:
- Hello, we had to add a fun sign of course! We wrote "Bon Appetit" on an Anthropologie photo frame (it may be our new fave thing).
- Tea light candles! Because you can't have a table without them!
- A cutting board with the most gorgeous blood oranges, grapes, blackberries and kumquats!
- A few succulents dispersed throughout the table too.
- We even used a beautiful cement vase as an ice bucket! (Feel free to get creative people!)
PHEW. There ya go, all the nitty-gritty details. But we just knew you all would love these details so we couldn't let them go unshared. We're dying to see how you will set your spring tables this season and we'd love to see, so don't forget to tag us! Or hashtag #WandWDinners! And as always, if there's more questions we can answer, comment below and don't forget to subsribe for more beauty to come!
And we have to give the BIGGEST thanks and love to our girl Ally Burnette who photographed these amazing photos for us. Seriously guys, she is so talented. Just take a look for yourself at her website: http://allyburnette.com/. And don't forget about instagram! You can follow her at @allyburnette, trust me, you'll want to. Her photos are major, she is major, her style is major. Just--your welcome.